Coconut is the world’s most natural, authentic and safe drink. It is rich in natural salt, sugar and electrolytes. It is the perfect answer to cool our sweltering summers. As the temperatures soar and the heat of the sun is at its peak – a glass of coconut water can do wonders. Here’s how:
- It soothes the nerves and cools and refreshes the body.
- During summers our digestive system really suffers – coconut water can naturally relax our intestines, keep it healthy. It reduces chances of stomach infection. It reduces acid reflux. In fact it is often used to treat indigestion.
- It prevents urinary tract infections and reduces risk of kidney stones.
- Being high in nutrients and B vitamins – it increases immunity and has anti –bacterial and viral properties.
- It is a ‘heart tonic’. It improves blood circulation, lowers increased blood pressure. It reduces bad cholesterol and helps increase the good cholesterol; thereby reducing the risk of heart attacks.
- According to the United Nations, coconut water is similar to blood plasma chemically. It has been used to save lives in developing countries, where blood plasma wasn’t available.
- It is a natural anti-ageing solution that can give you a younger-looking skin. Rinse your face with it and it reduces eczema, wrinkles and age-spots