The Official United Nations theme for this year’s International Women’s Day is “Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity: Picture it!” The International Woman’s Day theme for 2015 is ‘Make It Happen’ with a dedicated hashtag for social media.
Women, rather ‘Super-Women’ world across – have been effortlessly managing home and work. In this rush, somewhere they forget to look after themselves. Their food and fitness really suffers. They are able to make and pack lunches and meals for their husbands and children, but cannot find time for themselves.
Accepting the reality how do you nourish yourself optimally – and when I say nourish – I mean it for your Mind, Body and Soul, try incorporating these 4 things in your routine:
- Eat your Carbs – yes Roti, rice are really important. When in the name of diet and to ‘lose weight’ you have only soup and salad for dinner, you not only lose energy, you lose your focus, your blood glucose becomes unsteady and you wake up more tired next morning. So instead have your rice / roti at night. If you want to cut down carbs, cut the processed packaged ones.
- Eat Right – Now most women follow the concept of eating every few hours. So what you eat in those times makes a lot of difference. Snack on things like chana, peanuts, nariyal pani, buttermilk, sugar cane juice, nuts etc. Not only are these yum, but also perfect for a woman who is always on the run.
- Sleep Sound – We all know the wonders of a good sleep, no wonder it is referred to as a ‘beauty sleep’. After you have slept well, you are ready to take on the world. In fact lack of sleep not only makes you tired, it impacts your judgment and slows down your metabolism, making you put on weight.
- Exercise – Taking some time out for yourself to exercise, can give you a break from everything on your mind and in your routine. Choose any exercise of your choice, do it 4-5 times a week religiously and see the difference for yourself. Apart from enhancing your body image, it gives you a positive attitude, good posture, glowing skin, lustrous hair and more.
- Love Yourself – when you are able to love everyone around you unconditionally, make sure to give yourself your love and acceptance. Avoid criticizing yourself, praise yourself instead. Be gentle, kind and patient with yourself – cut yourself some slack, you are human and you can do only this much! Give yourself a much deserved break. Treat yourself like you would treat your loved one. You deserve a special treatment too 🙂